The Network Engineer will be responsible for providing advanced understanding of network devices (such as routers, switches, etc.). Experience with DISA STIGs or Federal secure configuration requirements is required.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (Include but not limited to)
• Responsible for establishing the networking environment by designing system configuration, directing system installation, defining, documenting and enforcing system standards
• Must design the design and implementation of new solutions and improving resilience of the current environment
• Execute the maximizing of network performance by monitoring performance, troubleshooting network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades and collaborating with network architects on network optimization
• Undertake data network fault investigations in local and wide area environments, using information from multiple sources
• Secure network systems by establishing and enforcing policies, and defining and monitoring access
• Support and administration of firewall environments in line with IT security policy
• Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations
• Report network operational status by gathering and prioritizing information and managing projects
• Upgrade data network equipment to the latest stable firmware releases
• Associate degree from an accredited institution in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related discipline
• Four (4) years of directly related experience executing cyber security within an DOD environment as a Network Engineer is required
• Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in network engineer Certifications:
o CompTIA Security+ CE
• Active DoD Secret Clearance
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (includes but not limited to)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Sitting for extended periods of time
• Potential for work in noisy data center / server room environments
The work environment is characteristic of a standard office environment.
Watershed Security, LLC, offers outstanding compensation and benefits including company paid, medical and dental, and short-term disability, tuition reimbursement, 401K plan with a generous match, 15 days PTO and 10 paid holidays per year.
Watershed Security, LLC, is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, Vietnam-era veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply with our company.